LNCT and the Vaccine Confidence Project have prepared this compilation of vaccine hesitancy and refusal resources. The resources below include global and country-specific analyses, factors, and strategies to address it.
Global Evidence and Strategy
- To talk better about vaccines, we should talk less about vaccines
This op-ed recommends that new models for vaccine communication that focus on messages highlighting the positive values of immunizations should be explored and evaluated.
- Rise in vaccine hesitancy related to pursuit of purity
Interview with Dr. Heidi Larson addresses the rise in vaccine hesitancy.
- Vaccine hesitancy around the globe: Analysis of three years of WHO/UNICEF Joint Reporting Form data-2015-2017
Three-year data analysis from the WHO/UNICEF Joint Report Form (JRF) to determine the reported rate of vaccine hesitancy across the globe, the cited reasons for hesitancy, if these varied by country income level and/or by WHO region and whether these reasons were based upon an assessment.
- Vaccination Programs: Economic and Leadership Considerations
Discussion on the kinds of information that are essential to helping ministers decide on which of the numerous competing vaccination priorities to invest in.
- Panel Discussion: The State of Vaccine Confidence
Dr. Heidi Larson and Dr. Pauline Paterson discussion on vaccine confidence at Hong Kong University.
- The State of Vaccine Confidence in the EU: 2018
Assessment of the overall state of confidence in vaccines among the public in all 28 EU member states and among general practitioners (GP) in ten EU member states.
- Zambia: Factors influencing vaccine acceptance and hesitancy in three informal settlements in Lusaka, Zambia
Overarching perceptions on vaccine acceptability, hesitancy, and accessibility at three informal settlements in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Sudan: ‘Vaccine denial’ behind measles deaths in South
The main cause of the mass outbreak of measles in the far South is the large number of Muslims refusing to take the vaccine.
- Philippines: Vaccine confidence plummets in the Philippines following dengue vaccine scare: why it matters to pandemic preparedness
Impact measurement of the Dengvaxia vaccine crisis, comparing confidence levels in 2015, before the incident, with levels in 2018.