Why We Need to Make a Case for Investment
Maintaining a high performing immunization program requires sustained commitment and funding over time. Ongoing communication and advocacy are needed to maintain investments and to stimulate additional investments to achieve health goals. Advocating for resources for immunization at national and sub-national levels requires demonstrating the health and economic impact of proposed investments to convince decision makers to allocate funding for immunization.
LNCT created the PowerPoint presentations below to enable immunization practitioners to make their best case for investing in immunization by drawing on the most up-to-date evidence available.
How to Communicate Investment Needs Effectively
- Keep it simple: avoid being overly technical
- Be relevant: speak to current issues and motivators for your stakeholders
- Cite evidence: use facts, data, and graphs
- Elicit emotion: tailor messaging around children and future generations
- Create incentives: show how stakeholders can benefit from investing in immunization
- Explain threats and risks: messaging around consequences of inaction
How to Use the Materials
The PowerPoint presentations are meant to be adapted to suit the immunization practitioners’ needs and audience. They can be used in the PowerPoint format provided here, put into document form for a brief, or simply used to prepare for a verbal presentation with stakeholders.
Click on the language of the key message section below that you would like to review and the PowerPoint file will immediately download in your browser. Click the downloaded file to open the presentation. You will then be able to review, edit, or adapt the slides as needed or put the information into a different format.